MichellePickett

These Words Tell a Story...

I am the author of the Amazon bestselling young adult post apocalyptic novel, PODs.

Lengths - Steph Campbell, Liz Reinhardt I don’t know what I expected when I started reading Lengths, but it sure wasn’t that it would blow me away. I loved the book. It’s that simple. It is an awesome story of guilt, learning to forgive oneself, the power of love, and learning to accept and rely on the people who love you for who you are—faults and all. Even when the faults you think you have aren’t really faults at all.

The writing style was excellent. I loved it. It fit the characters personalities and I could picture them through the prose the authors used. The dual points of view between Whit and Deo was nicely done and I enjoyed seeing things from both perspectives, especially Deo’s.

Deo, oh wow. He was something. I laughed out loud several times at him. He’s cocky, but in a way that you can’t help but love him. He’s charming and lovable and he has faults like any other person does. He relatable and likable—and oh so hot. Deo was one of my favorites in the book. Did I mention he was hot? Because he was. Hot. Like, everything about him…the whole package. You know the saying: “All that and a bag of chips?” Well, Deo had all that and a bag of chips…and the chip dip to go with it. Yum.

Whit. She’s tortured and drowning in guilt and shame and won’t let anyone in. But the authors wrote her character well because she doesn’t come off as whiney and irritating like some characters would. Even with her many faults and the things she did that made me want to slap her upside the head, she’s still likeable and I found myself rooting for her. I wanted her to find peace.

Deo’s mother is a secondary character in the book and I love that we get to see a lot of her because, man, is she a trip. I loved her. She was probably one of my favorites. She had me laughing out loud several times.

Deo’s grandfather and his pistachios kind of reminded me of my dad. I liked him, too. Especially how fiercely he loved his wife. It was so sweet.

The book was just full of characters that jumped off the page and pulled you into their world. They were so well written and had personalities of their own, problems and faults of their own. They were just outstanding. I can’t say enough about the characters in Lengths; they were just amazing.

Lengths was definitely a book worth my time to read—and I have very limited time to devote to reading so I’m very picky.

Lengths gets FIVE stars all the way. (Deo gets ten!)