MichellePickett

These Words Tell a Story...

I am the author of the Amazon bestselling young adult post apocalyptic novel, PODs.

The Annihilation of Foreverland - Tony Bertauski Short summation: When a genius with a God complex stumbles across the fountain of youth.

To be honest, I was sure I wouldn’t enjoy this book. How wrong I was. The Annihilation of Foreverland is a well written novel with an interesting and unique story line.

The characters are likeable and believable. Danny Boy was a protagonist that won my heart. I rooted for him throughout the book. His emotions and actions were real and description was excellent. Reed was also a character I was drawn to, although some of his actions were confusing at first, they were understandable later in the story. Description of his plight was also very nicely written. I could visualize him and what he was going through. I also loved how Tony Bertauski presented the backstory of the characters. Very imaginative.
My favorite part of The Annihilation of Foreverland was the twist at the end. I didn’t see it coming. Part of the ending I guessed about halfway through. But the twist was a shocker and very few books are able to catch me with a good, unanticipated ending.

Filled with virtual reality, mind bending and a cast of characters with too much money and not enough life, it’s a must read. I’d liken the story to Surrogates meets the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Language: Mild
Violence: Mild
Recommend: Older YA

Verdict:
Loved it!